Last updated June 3, 2021
Thank you for choosing to be part of our community at PhotoLynx (“Company“, “we“, “us“, “our“). We are committed to protecting your personal information and your right to privacy. If you have any questions or concerns about this privacy notice, or our practices with regards to your personal information, please contact us at [email protected]
When you visit our website https://plic.io (the “Website“), and more generally, use any of our services, including when you use our software applications and services (the “Services“, which include the Website), we appreciate that you are trusting us with the personal information that you or your users provide. We take the privacy of you and your users very seriously. In this privacy notice, we seek to explain to you in the clearest way possible what information we collect, how we use it and what rights you have in relation to it. We hope you take some time to read through it carefully, as it is important. If there are any terms in this privacy notice that you do not agree with, please discontinue use of our Services immediately.
This privacy notice applies to all personal information collected through our Services (which, as described above, includes our Website), as well as, any related services, sales, marketing or events.
“Personal information” is any information that identifies, or could be reasonably associated with, an individual and their household (collectively, “individual” or “you”). This may include, for example, your name, contact information, email address, and information relating to your use of our Services. It may also include other types of more technical information, but only when this information can identify you as an individual. Information that is aggregated and/or de-identified and cannot be associated with an identifiable individual is not considered to be personal information.
Please read this privacy notice carefully as it will help you understand what we do with the information that we collect.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
1. WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT AND HOW DO WE COLLECT IT?
You may provide personal information to us by mail, by email, over the telephone, through our Website or in any other direct manner, for instance when you communicate with us via telephone or email, upload content to our Website or otherwise use our software or other Services to upload such content (including photos or videos). This information is primarily needed to maintain the security and operation of our Website, respond to your request and provide you with our Services.
Information automatically collected
In Short: Some information — such as your Internet Protocol (IP) address and/or browser and device characteristics — is collected automatically when you visit or otherwise interact with our Website, or through other online technologies.
We automatically collect certain information about your browsing activity when you visit, use, navigate or otherwise interact with the Website, or through our or a third party’s technologies, which may include cookies, web beacons, pixels and analytics engines. This information does not reveal your specific identity (like your name or contact information) but may include, if it can identify you as an individual, device and usage information, such as your IP address, browser and device characteristics, operating system, language preferences, referring URLs, device name, country, location, information about how and when you use our Website and other technical information. This information is needed to manage and maintain the security and operation of our Website, to ensure that our Website is functioning properly, and for our internal analytics and reporting purposes.
- Consent: We may process your personal information if you have given us specific consent to use your personal information for a specific purpose.
- Legitimate Interests: We may process your data when it is reasonably necessary to achieve our legitimate business interests, including to manage and maintain the security and operation of our Website, to ensure that our Website is functioning properly and for internal analytics and reporting purposes.
- Performance of a Contract: Where we have entered into a contract with you, we may process your personal information to fulfill the terms of our contract. For instance, we may process personal information that you provide us in order to provide our Services, which includes creating, administering and maintaining your accounts, fulfilling your requests and inquiries, and storing (on your behalf) pictures, videos and other content that you choose to share with us as described in section 1.
- Legal Obligations: We may disclose your information where we are legally required or permitted to do so in order to comply with applicable law, governmental requests, a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal
process, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena (including in response to public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements). If this happens, we will not share more personal information than is reasonably required to fulfill that particular purpose.
- Vital Interests: We may disclose your information where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding potential violations of our policies, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person and illegal activities, or as evidence in litigation in which we are involved.
- Business Transfers. We may share or transfer your information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company. If your personal information is required in connection with any such transactions, we will comply with the legal requirements for the disclosure of personal information and ensure that the handling of your personal information complies with applicable privacy legislation.
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymize such information, or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
We have implemented appropriate technical and organizational security measures designed to protect the security of any personal information we process. However, despite our safeguards and efforts to secure your information, no electronic transmission over the Internet or information storage technology can be guaranteed to be 100% secure, so we cannot promise or guarantee that hackers, cybercriminals, or other unauthorized third parties will not be able to defeat our security, and improperly collect, access, steal, or modify your information. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, transmission of personal information to and from our Website is at your own risk. You should only access the Website within a secure environment.
We do not knowingly solicit data from or market to children under 18 years of age. By using the Website, you represent that you are at least 18 or that you are the parent or guardian of such a minor and consent to such minor dependent’s use of the Website. If we learn that personal information from users less than 18 years of age has been collected, we will deactivate the account and take reasonable measures to promptly delete such data from our records. If you become aware of any data we may have collected from children under age 18, please contact us at [email protected]
In Short: You may review, change, or terminate your account at any time and exercise your privacy rights, which may include the right to access and rectify the personal information we hold about you, in accordance with the applicable privacy legislation.
If you are a resident in Switzerland, the contact details for the data protection authorities are available here: https://www.edoeb.admin.ch/edoeb/en/home.html.
Exercising your privacy rights
- Contact us using the contact information provided in the “HOW CAN YOU CONTACT US ABOUT THIS NOTICE?” section. In this case, upon request, we will provide you with access to your personal information within a reasonable timeframe, in compliance with applicable laws and our contractual obligations. It is your responsibility to provide accurate, correct and complete information.
You can unsubscribe from our marketing email list at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe link in the emails that we send or by contacting us using the details provided below. You will then be removed from the marketing email list — however, we may still communicate with you, for example to send you service-related emails that are necessary for the administration and use of your account, to respond to service requests, or for other non-marketing purposes. To otherwise opt-out, you may:
- Contact us using the contact information provided.
If you are under 18 years of age, reside in California, and have a registered account with the Website, you have the right to request removal of unwanted data that you publicly post on the Website. To request removal of such data, please contact us using the contact information provided below, and include the email address associated with your account and a statement that you reside in California. We will make sure the data is not publicly displayed on the Website, but please be aware that the data may not be completely or comprehensively removed from all our systems (e.g. backups, etc.).
In Short: Yes, we will update this notice as necessary to stay compliant with relevant laws.
Email us at: [email protected]